High Fidelity is one of my many favorite books/movies so I decided to pay homage to it by compiling my own “Top 5’s” from time to time and I shall start with my Top 5 favorite applications. This list is an all-around-er which means the apps came from various categories. Enjoy! (Whut bakit may enjoy) Please punch me in the face if used the word homage wrong. Thanks.
– Before I downloaded this app, I only listened to 8tracks when I’m bored with the music that I have or when I’m in search of new songs, but now? I listen to 8tracks ALL THE TIME. The app fixes every “problem” I had with using 8tracks from Digby. The app is much more user-friendly and intuitive than the actual website, I can listen to it from my iPod which means I can listen to it everywhere I go, plus it doesn’t add up to my already overcrowded tabs. How cool is that?!
2. Monsters Ate My Condo (M.A.M.C.)
If it weren’t so difficult to come up with my Top 5 favorite mobile games, I would’ve just done that list. But since I decided to make an all-encompassing list, I just put my as-of-the-moment favorite game. M.A.M.C. is everything that a mobile game should be: it passes the time, the controls are intuitive, and a lot of things are happening, in a good way, so it caters even the shortest of attention spans. Tutorials are given by a geisha finger. It’s awesome! Also, it’s free in the app store for now, so no excuses!
If you do decide to download it after reading this, my favorite monster is the blue one ’cause he’s the best! Here’s the android link
nga pala. 😀
3. Camera + – I’m not exactly a pro when it comes to photography, but of all the photography apps I found when I googled “best photography apps,” this one’s my choice.
4. All-in Yoga –
Why pay for yoga classes when you can just buy an app and do it from the comfort of your own room? It’s much cheaper (I think) plus it saves you the embarassment of doing certain positions with a bunch of strangers. Also, I’m not exactly the running type of person and the only sports I have are swimming and tennis and I can’t find someone to do it with all of the time so this is perfect for me.
You must have discipline and conviction, though. What’s the use of buying the app if you would just let laziness and the temptation of your bed win all the time?
5. Stickies and Clippy Plus – Just like any other person who gets exceptionally giddy when shopping for school supplies, I have a thing for sticky notes. BUT they ALWAYS get lost. Between my cousins and an OC Ate Lina who thinks almost everyhing is trash, it’s hard to keep track of everything. That’s why this app is heaven sent. Digital post its–they don’t get wet, crumpled, and Ate Lina can’t throw them away. It’s perfect.
If you want something that has more features, though, I would recommend Evernote
. I used to use Evernote all the time but then iOS 5 came, then my planner got abandoned so I just uninstalled it. Hehe. Evernote’s great, though. You can feed it anything and it syncs information on all your devices. Basically the must-have app pre-iOS 5.
Also, you would notice that I’m cheating here a bit ’cause I have another app, listed: Clippy Plus. I just feel like they go together. Clippy Plus is just an app that keeps track of the things you copy on your laptop. I find it really handy because I copy a lot of things and I used to go back and forth and back forth but with Clippy Plus, I can just go Command+1, 2, 3, and so on. 🙂 If you would notice the lack of screenshot on this one, I just didn’t feel comfortable sharing my notes and copied things here. :))
Aaaaaand that’s it for my list! It was really hard trimming them down but I did it anyway. As runners-up I have:
- MyFitnessPal – It’s a calorie counter and when I feel like consuming a whole bag of Oreos, I just look at it and do yoga instead. Right on, self-discipline! Also, when you eat too little, the app warns you that it’s unhealthy and scares you and stuff. :))
- Pink Pad – Gad this list is about to get girly. Period tracker. K.
- The Video Cookbook – !!! Need I say more? An app with dozens of recipes with video and a narrator with an Australian accent. So kyot.
- Fruit Ninja – Just because.